If you are planning to put your home on the market this spring, your real estate agent may be telling you to declutter, or work on your home’s curb appeal or even stage your home. Some of the things on your to do list may seem tedious or downright expensive, but it turns out that you’re actually receiving sound advice.
HomeGain, an agent referral site, has identified the top 10 home improvements under $1500 that add the most value. We’ll break it down your returns on investment (ROI).
- Cleaning and decluttering ($290 cost / $1,990 price increase / 586% ROI)
- Lightening and brightening ($375 cost / $1,550 price increase / 313% ROI)
- Home staging ($550 cost / $2,194 price increase / 299% ROI)
- Landscaping ($540 cost / $1,932 price increase / 258% ROI)
- Repairing electrical and plumbing ($535 cost / $1,505 price increase / 181% ROI)
- Kitchen and bathroom ($1,265 cost / $3,435 price increase / 181% ROI)
- Replace or clean carpets ($647 cost / $1,730 price increase / 169% ROI)
- Paint interior ($1,012 cost / $2,112 price increase / 109% ROI)
- Repair floors ($931 cost / $1,924 price increase / 107% ROI)
- Paint exterior ($1,467 cost / $2,222 price increase / 51% ROI)
Some of these items on this list could even be done for cheaper if you’re enterprising and do it yourself, making an even larger return on investment!